1. What are the general principles?
- The owner of this Website respects user privacy and data protection.
- This Website can be used without entering personal data.
- This Website will collect and process other data only when absolutely necessary.
- The owner will never sell, rent, or otherwise distribute the collected data.
2. Who is the host of this Website?
3. Which data is collected?
3.1. This Website automatically collects the following data and information from the visiting computer: Webbrowser, operating system, IP address, data and time of the access, Website from which the Web browser comes to this Website. The data is also stored in the log files of our system.
3.2. This Website does not collect name, address, email address, phone numbers, birthday, bank account information, or related data of visitors.
4. Why and how is data collected?
The mentioned data is collected for statistical evaluations for the purpose of operation, safety, and optimization of the Website. The following specific reasons apply:
4.1. Analysis of the number of visitors
This Website uses the WordPress plugin Jetpack by Automattic Inc. to determine the number of visitors and their country of origin based on the IP address. The purpose of this data collection is to identify the most popular Website contents and learn about visitor distribution. The visitor statistics is not used to identify you. Google Analytics is not used.
This Website uses the WordPress plugins Wordfence by Defiant Inc. and Jetpack by Automattic Inc. to protect the Website from hacks and malware. The plugin identifies IP addresses to block unauthorized access attempts. This address is not used to identify you. The owner reserves the right, however, to retrospectively review logged data if, on the basis of concrete evidence, the legitimate suspicion of unlawful use exists.
5. Which specific data and activity is collected by the used WordPress plugins?
5.1. WordPress.com Stats
- Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
5.2. Jetpack: Protect
- Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
- Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
- Data Synced: Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
6. How about external content and other services?
This Website may use or embed content from third parties. This includes:
- texts, images, and videos from the social network Twitter
- videos from the video sharing platforms YouTube and Vimeo
- images from the photo sharing platform Flickr
This always presupposes that the providers of this content perceive the IP address of the users (because without the IP address, they could not send the content to the browser of the user). The owner of this Website endeavors to use only content whose respective providers use the IP address solely for the delivery of the content. However, he does not have any influence on whether the third parties store the IP address.